Yellowstone Park Wildlife Guide

Go Horseback Riding in Yellowstone

Yellowstone Horseback Riding

No other activity fulfills the Western dream for families visiting this region like a horseback ride.

Wyoming, Montana and Idaho are home to real working cowboys, who earn their living by ranching or wrangling. Many companies in the region offer the opportunity to ride.

Go Horseback Riding with Flying Pig

This stable operates a short distance from Yellowstone’s North Entrance and features small groups, amazing scenery and real Montana cowboys leading the way. All rides depart from a private ranch that borders Yellowstone Park.

For more information:
(866) 264-8448
www.flyingpigrafting.com/horseback-adventure/

Grand Teton Lodge Company Horseback Riding

South of Yellowstone, the Grand Teton Lodge Company offers guided horseback rides in Grand Teton National Park. Breakfast, dinner and wagon rides are available.

For more information:
(307) 543-2811
www.gtlc.com/activities/outdoor-fun-horses.aspx

Ride Horses with Lodges of East Yellowstone

Ride for an hour or all day on a horseback trips in the spectacular mountains and valleys just east of Yellowstone with the Lodges of East Yellowstone.

For more information:
(307) 587-9595
www.yellowstone-lodging.com

320 Guest Ranch and Horseback Riding

Let the professional wranglers at 320 Guest Ranch show you why riding is a way of life in Montana. They are located just a short distance from Yellowstone’s North Entrance. These wranglers cover 2,000 trail miles each year, and take care of trail maintenance all summer long, so you know you’re in the hands of experts. Make reservations for full day (with lunch), half-day or two hour rides.

For more information:
(406) 995-4283
www.320ranch.com

Horseback Riding in Laramie, Wyoming

The Laramie website offers an activity guide for horseback riding, chuck wagon cook-outs, wagon rides and cattle drives. If you’re looking for the experience of the West, look to Laramie.

For more information:
(800) 445-5303
www.visitlaramie.org

Tags: , , , ,

Comment Feed

15 Responses

1. Hello,

I would like to know if it is possible to rent horses to go for a long trip (one month or more) with friends alone.
    It’s for doing a horseback riding but without guide. I don’t want an organised horseback riding.
    I am a french horseback riding guide myself and I would like to organise a horseback riding in Yellowstone park.

Could you give me more information for my project ?

Thanks a lot,

Emilie Durand

Emilie DurandAugust 17, 2011 @ 8:51 amReply
  2. Emilie,
    Try contacting one of the above linked companies. They will hopefully be able to point you in the right direction.

Good luck!

3. HI,

We are visiting Yellowstone this coming May 12 for 5 nights for a family vacation and a group of 9 pax. We would like to know the different packages for the Horseback rides. Please privately email to me the proposal. Thanks

• Just got off the phone with one group trail may not be open in early may. I ask about May 27-30 told me trail could be closed

4. My daughter was wondering about the prices for horseback riding at Grant Village CAmpgrounds. Please send my an information that may help.

Thanks Angela Morgan

Angela MorganJanuary 9, 2012 @ 7:00 pmReply
  5. I below to a horse riding club and wanted to know if there are places in the park to camp and keep our own horses? And if there are cabins to rent in case someone doesn’t have a place to sleep close to where we would keep our horses.

6. We Have a plan to visit Yellowstone June 20-21-2012.
    W’d like to know 1 hour horse back riding or stagecorch riding
    cost and Time schedule. We gonna stay at Lake Lodge Cabin.

Hyung Shik ParkJanuary 19, 2012 @ 3:24 pmReply
  7. We are spending 10 days out there in September, would like to do a breakfast horseback riding trip. We will be at Coulter Bay, Old Faithful and Mammoth Lodge. Could I have some outfitters names for that area. VICKIE

Vickie KrMJanuary 25, 2012 @ 12:00 pmReply
  8. I would like to know how much it would cost for 5-6 people to go for an hour or two and i dont really want to pay a lot

9. I, too would like to know where I could camp with my own horses in order to ride in Yellowstone. Hook-ups for my RV would be great, but I know that’s a lot to ask.

10. We are planning a trip starting July 9th. 4 adults, 6 children ranging from 7 to 15 years old.
    We are staying at the Fishing Bridge RV site.
    We want to do a white water rafting trip and a horseback trip (about two hours).
    We leave the park July 13th (so nothing after the 12th)

Frank

Frank HaneyMay 14, 2012 @ 12:34 pmReply
  11. We would like very much to be of service to you.

Almost all of our booking arrangements and expedition planning is conducted via telephone.

In light of that please contact us by telephone at your earliest convenience.

You can call us any time, if know one answers please leave a message.

(307) 733-5171 or (307) 749-5171

We hope to here from you soon!

Galloway Clover
    Wilderness Trails Inc.
    P.O. Box 3700 Jackson, WY 83001
    (307) 733-5171 or (307) 749-5171
    Please visit us online @ http://www.WildernessTrailsInc.com
    (c) 2012 All Rights Reserved.

12. is there camping april – may

marilyn bowenFebruary 4, 2013 @ 3:41 pmReply

Some HTML is OK

or, reply to this post via trackback.

Close X