Congratulations to our Grand Prize Winner Tricia Kindel of Casper, Wyoming. Tricia chose our Denver to Yellowstone Route.
Winner of Chicago to Yellowstone Route: Rachel Moliere of Boston, MA
Winner of Seattle to Yellowstone Route: Sarah Spangle of Roundup, MT
Winner of Salt Lake City to Yellowstone Route: Michael Adams of Orem, UT
Enter to win Dec 20, 2017 through Feb 27, 2018
GRAND PRIZE: Yellowstone Inn-to-Inn Hiking Vacation by Wildland Trekking + one road trip route.
3 SECOND PRIZES: Each of three winners will receive one of the remaining road trip routes.
ROAD TRIP ROUTES:
Chicago to Yellowstone
Denver to Yellowstone
Seattle to Yellowstone
Salt Lake City to Yellowstone
See full itineraries below.
Grand Prize: Yellowstone Hiking and Lodging Vacation
Wildland Trekking's Inn-to-Inn Tour of Yellowstone is a diverse offering of 3 hikes. Enjoy breathtaking mountain scenery, the most well-known and spectacular geysers in the park, and wildlife viewing. You’ll also enjoy the luxury of a lodge and dining each evening in two locations within the park.
- 3 day/2 night guided vacation for four people
- Choose a pre-scheduled vacation date in June, July, Aug, or Sept, 2018
- Lodging for 2-nights at a Yellowstone park lodge (2 rooms)
- Use of backpacks, meals, professional guide and bear spray are included
- View more information at www.wildlandtrekking.com/yellowstone/inn-based-hiking/3-day-tour.html
Chicago to Yellowstone Road Trip
Trip Overview: The classic American road trip starts in the Midwest and winds its way through the Black Hills of South Dakota with a destination of America's first national park, Yellowstone. Ride the 1880 Train and see the national memorials and parks near Hill City. Stop in Billings where you'll find Montana's only walkable brewery district, a restored historic hotel, wilderness touched by Lewis & Clark, a memorial to a famous battle and Old West charm. Then head to Yellowstone gateway town Cody, Wyoming where a Smithsonian-affiliated museum complex requires more than a day to fully browse.
HILL CITY, SOUTH DAKOTA
- 1 room, 1 night stay at the Holiday Inn Express, Hill City-Mt. Rushmore
- Two tickets for the 1880 Train Ride
- View more information at www.hillcitysd.com
- 1 room, 1-night stay in the Family Suite at Big Horn Resort
- Two passes to The Reef, the largest indoor water park in Montana
- Admission for two to ZooMontana
- $50 Gift certificate for Uberbrew
- $50 Gift certificate for Scheel’s
- View more information at visitbillings.com/yj
BUFFALO BILL CENTER OF THE WEST IN CODY, WYOMING
- Four passes to the Buffalo Bill Center of the West
- View more information at centerofthewest.org
ELEPHANT HEAD LODGE
- 1 room/cabin, 1-night stay at Elephant Head Lodge, 12-miles from Yellowstone's east entrance.
- View more information at www.elephantheadlodge.com
- Drive 12 miles to Yellowstone's East Entrance.
Denver to Yellowstone Road Trip
Trip Overview: Fly into Denver's International Airport for a short drive to cowboy country. Your first stop is Cheyenne, Wyom. famous for its rodeo, train depot, and bison ranch. Continue on to Wyoming's outback dotted with small towns, fishing rivers and hot springs. Then learn about native culture on the Wind River Reservation before heading to Yellowstone's south entrance.
START: DENVER, COLORADO
- 1 Room, 1-night stay at Cheyenne hotel
- 2 Cheyenne Trolley Plus Passes that includes trolley tour and entrance into the Cheyenne Depot Museum, Frontier Days Old West Museum, and Nelson Museum of the West
- Terry Bison Ranch Train Tour and Lunch for Two
- View more information at www.cheyenne.org
CARBON COUNTY, WYOMING
- 1 room, 1-night stay at the Saratoga Hot Springs Resort
- Four passes to the Wyoming Frontier Prison
- View more information at www.wyomingcarboncounty.com
WIND RIVER HOTEL & CASINO IN RIVERTON, WYOMING
- 1 room, 1-night stay at the Wind River Hotel and Casino
- $50 dining certificate for the Red Willow Restaurant
- View more information at windriverhotelcasino.com
- Drive 164 miles to Yellowstone's South Entrance.
Seattle to Yellowstone Road Trip
Trip Overview: Leave the hub of the Pacific Northwest and point your car to the Washington-Idaho border with a stop in Hells Canyon. Then head east through Idaho to Missoula, Montana. Unique, cool, hip, and serene, this college town has the unparalleled natural beauty and cultural vibrancy to make your trip unforgettable. Take a scenic drive to Big Sky, Montana for your Yellowstone basecamp, close to the park's west entrance.
LEWIS CLARK VALLEY
- 1 room, 1-night stay at the Riverside Quality Inn & Suites in Clarkston, Washington
- Jet boat trip for two with Beamers Hells Canyon Tours
- Dinner for two at the Quay Overlooking the Snake River
- Wine tasting for two at Basalt Cellars
- View more information at visitlcvalley.com
- 1 room, 1-night stay at the Holiday Inn Downtown Missoula
- $40 Happy Hour Credit
- Full breakfast for two at Brooks and Browns Restaurant
- Dinner for two at the Red Bird Restaurant
- View more information at destinationmissoula.org
BIG SKY RESORT
- 1 room, 2-night stay at the Big Sky Resort in Big Sky, Montana
- 2 passes for the Lone Peak Expedition, Montana's highest scenic overlook
- View more information at bigskyresort.com/basecamp
- Drive 51 miles to Yellowstone's West Entrance.
Salt Lake City to Yellowstone Road Trip
Trip Overview: Salt Lake City is a popular launching point for a national park vacation. Stay a while and use the Connect Pass for entry to 15 different attractions in the greater metro area. Then set your sights north crossing the Idaho border to Pocatello with its unusual hotel and museums. Pass the west side of the Tetons to get to Yellowstone's west entrance.
START: SALT LAKE CITY, UTAH
- 1 room, 2-night stay at the Little America Hotel
- Four 2-Day Salt Lake Connect Passes valid at 15 attractions
- $40 AMEX shopping card
- View more information at VisitSaltLake.com
- 1 room, 1-night stay at the Black Swan Inn
- Two passes to the Museum of Clean
- Two passes to the Idaho Museum of Natural History
- View more information at www.visitpocatello.com
- Drive 158 miles to Yellowstone's West Entrance.