Enter to Win | Official Rules
Here are the trips we've planned for you:
Win a road trip adventure from one of four launching points ending with a 3-day guided hiking tour and lodging in Yellowstone. Three second-place winners will each win one of the remaining routes to Yellowstone. Enter Dec 17 through Feb 27, 2020.
Grand Prize: Yellowstone Hiking and Lodging Vacation with Wildland Trekking + NatGeo Map Package
Wildland Trekking's Inn-Based Hiking Tour of Yellowstone is a diverse offering of three hikes. Enjoy breathtaking mountain scenery, the most well-known and spectacular geysers in the park, and wildlife viewing. You’ll also enjoy the luxury of a lodge and dining each evening in two locations within the park.
- 3 day/2 night guided vacation for two people
- Choose a pre-scheduled vacation date in June, July, Aug., or Sept. 2019
- Lodging for 2-nights at a Yellowstone park lodge
- Use of backpacks, meals, professional guide and bear spray are included
- View more information at www.wildlandtrekking.com/yellowstone/inn-based-hiking/3-day-tour.html
Chicago to Yellowstone Road Trip
Trip Overview: The classic American road trip starts in the Midwest and winds its way through the Black Hills of South Dakota with a destination of America's first national park, Yellowstone. Ride the 1880 Train and see the national memorials and parks near Hill City. Stop in Billings where you'll find Montana's only walkable brewery district, a restored historic hotel, wilderness touched by Lewis & Clark, a memorial to a famous battle and Old West charm. Then head to Yellowstone gateway town Cody, Wyo. where a Smithsonian-affiliated museum complex requires more than a day to fully browse. Sleep well in a historic cabin on the east edge of Yellowstone.
HILL CITY, SOUTH DAKOTA
- 1-night stay at the Summer Creek Inn in Rapid City, S.D.
- Two tickets for the 1880 Train Ride
- View more information at www.hillcitysd.com
- 1-night stay in the Family Suite at Big Horn Resort
- Two passes to The Reef, the largest indoor water park in Montana
- Admission for two to ZooMontana
- Admission for two to the Yellowstone Art Museum
- $50 Gift certificate to Uberbrew
- $50 Gift certificate to Scheel’s
- View more information at visitbillings.com/yj
BUFFALO BILL CENTER OF THE WEST IN CODY, WYOMING
- Two passes to the Buffalo Bill Center of the West
- View more information at centerofthewest.org
ELEPHANT HEAD LODGE
- 1-night stay at Elephant Head Lodge, 12-miles from Yellowstone's east entrance.
- View more information at www.elephantheadlodge.com
- Drive 12 miles to Yellowstone's East Entrance.
Denver to Yellowstone Road Trip
Trip Overview: Fly into Denver's International Airport for a short drive to cowboy country. Your first stop is Cheyenne, Wyo. famous for its rodeo, train depot, and bison ranch. Continue on to Wyoming's outback dotted with small towns, fishing rivers and hot springs. Then learn about native culture and go rafting on the Wind River Reservation before heading to Yellowstone's south entrance.
START: DENVER, COLORADO
- 1-night stay at Cheyenne hotel
- Two Cheyenne Trolley Plus Passes that includes trolley tour and entrance into the Cheyenne Depot Museum, Frontier Days Old West Museum, and Nelson Museum of the West
- Terry Bison Ranch Train Tour and Lunch for Two
- View more information at www.cheyenne.org
CARBON COUNTY, WYOMING
- 1-night stay at the Saratoga Hot Springs Resort
- Two passes to the Wyoming Frontier Prison
- View more information at www.wyomingcarboncounty.com
WIND RIVER HOTEL & CASINO IN RIVERTON, WYOMING
- White water rafting adventure for two including a one-night stay at the Wind River Hotel and Casino
- $50 dining certificate for the Red Willow Restaurant
- View more information at windriverhotelcasino.com
- Drive 164 miles to Yellowstone's South Entrance.
Seattle to Yellowstone Road Trip
Trip Overview: Leave the hub of the Pacific Northwest and point your car to the Washington-Idaho border with a stop in Hells Canyon. After a boat tour and wine tasting, head east through Idaho to Missoula, Mont. Unique, cool, hip, and serene, this college town has the unparalleled natural beauty and cultural vibrancy to make your trip unforgettable. End your road trip with a scenic drive south to Yellowstone's west or north entrance.
LEWIS CLARK VALLEY
- 2-night stay at the Riverside Quality Inn & Suites in Clarkston, Washington
- Jet boat trip for two with Beamers Hells Canyon Tours
- Dinner for two at the Quay Overlooking the Snake River
- Wine tasting for two at Basalt Cellars
- View more information at visitlcvalley.com
- 1-night stay at the Holiday Inn Downtown Missoula
- $40 Happy Hour credit at a downtown Missoula restaurant
- Full breakfast for two at Brooks and Browns Restaurant
- Dinner for two at a downtown Missoula restaurant
- Full breakfast for two at Brooks and Brown's Restaurant
- View more information at destinationmissoula.org
Salt Lake City to Yellowstone Road Trip
Trip Overview: Salt Lake City is a popular launching point for a national park vacation. Stay a while and use the Connect Pass for entry to 16 different attractions in the greater metro area or choose the ski pass option. Then set your sights north crossing the Idaho border to Pocatello with its unusual hotel and museums. Pass the west side of the Tetons to get to Yellowstone's west entrance.
START: SALT LAKE CITY, UTAH
- 3-night stay at a downtown Salt Lake hotel
- Two 3-Day Salt Lake Connect Passes valid at 16 attractions - OR - Two 2-day Ski City Super Passes
- Two Salt Lake Brewery Tour Passes valid at 12 breweries
- View more information at VisitSaltLake.com
- 1-night stay at the Black Swan Inn
- Two passes to the Museum of Clean
- Two passes to the Idaho Museum of Natural History
- View more information at www.visitpocatello.com
- Drive 158 miles to Yellowstone's West Entrance
Congratulations to our 2019 winners:
- Grand Prize Winner: Anthony Beverley from San Antonio, Texas. Anthony chose our Denver to Yellowstone route.
- Winner of Chicago to Yellowstone Route: Dustin Crawford of Branson West, Mo.
- Winner of Seattle to Yellowstone Route: Patricia Fine of Dardanelle Ark.
- Winner of Salt Lake City to Yellowstone Route: Stephanie Obermiller of Hooper, Neb.
Congratulations to our 2018 winners:
- Grand Prize Winner: Tricia Kindel of Casper, Wyo. Tricia chose our Denver to Yellowstone Route.
- Winner of Chicago to Yellowstone Route: Rachel Moliere of Boston, Mass.
- Winner of Seattle to Yellowstone Route: Sarah Spangle of Roundup, Mont.
- Winner of Salt Lake City to Yellowstone Route: Michael Adams of Orem, Utah